Want to know how to serve great asparagus? Along with grilling it (see our post about grilled foods from July 2021), a great way to serve asparagus is steaming it! Since asparagus is in season, here’s a simple recipe from the Food Network Kitchen!
- 1 pound medium asparagus, stalks trimmed and peeled
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Pour about 1-inch of water into a large saucepan, and set up a collapsible steamer inside. Bring the water to boil, lay the asparagus in the steamer, cover, and steam until crisp-tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer asparagus to a heated serving dish, drizzle with the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with lemon and serve immediately.
- Cook’s Note: You may finish the asparagus with the grated zest of a small lemon, a tablespoon of unsalted butter, and a teaspoon of minced flat-leaf parsley leaves, instead of the oil.
Asparagus are in season, so enjoy this seasonal vegetable the whole month of April!