Featuring recipes this month from Healthy Girl Kitchen, here’s one for Italian pasta! As you hopefully have noticed, this recipe (like many others) is vegan friendly!
One-pot Italian Pasta (vegan)
- 16 oz pasta of choice I used whole wheat rotini
- 5.5 cups water
- 2.5 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp minced garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 2 cups spinach
- Large Pan or Pot
- Add all ingredients into a large pan or pot and bring to a boil.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring every few minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed. Should take about 10-minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If the liquid completely absorbs but the pasta is still too firm, add more water until it’s tender enough for you liking.
- The ratio is 1 cup of liquid for every 2 ounces of pasta. Marinara sauce is included as a liquid.