If you’re looking for a quick, healthy, and tasty breakfast (or snack) option, then this toast with homemade hummus is the recipe for you! Thanks again to Healthy Girl Kitchen for another great recipe!
Hummus Toast with homemade hummus
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 ice cubes
- smoked paprika for topping
- extra chickpeas for topping
Shopping list for toast:
- Sourdough Bread
- Za’atar Seasoning (I Get Mine At Trader Joe’s)
- Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper
Directions for Toast:
Toast the bread in a pan with olive oil or in a toaster, add on hummus, tomato slices and cucumber. Mix 1 tbsp za’atar with 1 tbsp olive oil then drizzle it on top (this is life changing). Squeeze on lemon juice and sprinkle on salt and pepper. enjoy besties!
Directions for Hummus:
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor except ice cubes until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides and now add the ice cubes. Blend for 1-2 minutes until totally smooth.
- Top with any toppings you like!
- Serve and enjoy!
Notes: Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.