I found a great recipe on Instagram!! I love eggs with almost anything… well this sweet potato egg hash was so much more decadent than I imagined!! It’s also healthy too, if you don’t go overboard with the oil! Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Egg Hash
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 1/2 cup Egg Whites – (I did not separate the whites when I made it)
- 1/2 Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 1-2 tsp Olive Oil OR use a spray to control your oil intake (to cook)
- Season with Salt, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, and Paprika (or seasonings of choice)
- Peel the sweet potato and dice it
- Add enough water to a medium/large pan to cook the diced sweet potatoes. Boil the sweet potatoes until tender. Drain the sweet potatoes
- Add the olive oil to the pan
- Add the sweet potatoes, onion, red bell pepper, and seasoning. Sautee in the olive oil for a few minutes.
- With a spatula, create 2 spaces for the eggs in the pan
- Add the eggs in the spaces created. Add the egg whites (if you separated them). Season to taste and cover to cook
- Season to taste again and serve
Notes – You can substitute/add other vegetables to your liking. I added freeze dried chives and endives (these added a nutty flavor)… I also found out that 1 egg with hash was enough for 1 serving! I ate the other egg with the rest of the hash the next day! Filling and delicious!
You can find the recipe on Instagram here (you can ignore the shirtless guy, LOL) https://www.instagram.com/reel/CMINV45hKnv/?igshid=p3sj6hkfpvec