Ingredients – cupcakes
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter (melted)
- ¼ cup milk
Ingredients – frosting
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter (slightly melted at room temperature)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp milk
- Set the oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin or place liners in it. 5 or 6 will do
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg and sugar for about 30 seconds. Add the vanilla extract and melted butter. Whisk until well combined
- Add half the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined. Add the milk and whisk until just combined. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and whisk until combined, being careful not to overmix
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin tin/cups, filling them about ⅔ or ¾ full. Bake for approx. 14-16 minutes, testing the center with a toothpick for doneness (the toothpick will come out clean when they are done.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting
- Beat the powdered sugar and butter until smooth. Add vanilla extract and 1 tsp of milk. Beat on medium speed (or mix by hand) for several minutes until it’s light and fluffy. If its too thick, add additional milk. If it’s too thin, add a little more powdered sugar
- Frost the cupcakes using a butterknife. Add sprinkles if desired.
- Decorating hack – if you want to try and frost them using a pastry bag, put the frosting into a ziploc bag and cut a small hole in the corner. Decorate any design
2 thoughts on ““Small Batch” Cupcakes”
Small batch recipes are excellent for when you’re living alone or in a small group!
Agreed! I’m glad you find it useful! Would you like more “small batch” recipes in the future?
You must log in to post a comment.