It’s important to note that when it’s possible, using fresh ingredients is the preferred and best option for cooking. Let’s be honest, WE all know that using fresh ingredients is not always possible due to time constraints with shopping, cooking, or both! So it’s ok to make as best a choice as possible by using canned or frozen ingredients. Just make sure to read the labels and make the best choice possible!
The recipe below definitely does not have meat and was not meant to be “chili”, but it tasted like chili after adding the black beans!!
- Nature’s Promise Garlic and Herb Quinoa (or cooking your favorite quinoa)
- Trader Joe’s Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
- Black Beans
- Seeds of Change Spanish Style Rice
- Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- If you do not want to use the Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup, you can substitute Trader Joe’s Latin Black Bean Soup
- In a medium pot, cook the quinoa, substituting the roasted red pepper & tomato soup for water or broth
- While the quinoa is cooking, simmer the black beans and rotel tomatoes & green chiles in another pot. Season to taste
- Microwave the Seeds of Change rice to have it ready to add to the mixture
- Once the quinoa is finished, mix both pots together and enjoy with your favorite soup accompaniments
You must log in to post a comment.