Here’s the third of three (3) recipes for December that feature gingerbread… the list would be entirely incomplete without one for gingerbread men! I found this recipe from tasteofhome.com and it looks great! Happy Holidays!!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Frosting of choice
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses, egg and water. In another bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients minus frosting; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; cover. Refrigerate until easy to handle, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 4-in. gingerbread man cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are firm, 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Frost as desired.
You must log in to post a comment.