Since it’s my birthday month, here’s a 2 for 1 deal!!! This is sure to satisfy the sweet tooth!! Two easy, fantastic, and so pleasing recipes – one from our friend veganiina on Instagram and another one from tasteofhome.com!! Mmmmm Mmm!!! Enjoy!!!
Cinnamon roll French toasts (Vegan)
- 6 slices of toasts (whole wheat or other)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100 ml soy milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- Cinnamon + sugar for coating
- Cinnamon roll icing (for healthier option, use vanilla yogurt)
1. Cut the crusts on all sides for each piece of toast. Flatten them with a rolling pin.
2. Mix the butter, sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Evenly spread the cinnamon butter on each slice of toast and roll them tightly.
3. In another bowl combine the soy milk, flax seeds and maple syrup. Let it sit for 5 mins to thicken.
4. Coat each roll in the milk mixture and fry on a pan in a little butter until all sides are nice and golden.
5. Coat with sugar and cinnamon and drizzle the icing on top!
Better than cinnamon rolls!
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Roll-Ups Recipe (Vegetarian)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 8 slices thick, soft bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Make cinnamon butter and bread
Start by mixing the butter, light brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl until combined. Then, cut the crusts of your bread. Roll each slice into a flat piece and spread the cinnamon butter mixture in a thin layer across the surface. Roll tightly.
2. Create your French toast
Combine the eggs, milk and vanilla in a bowl and whisk. Dip each roll into the mixture—there’s no need to soak. Just pop ’em in and out. Make sure the entire roll is coated.Melt the butter in a pan and fry each roll until golden on all sides.
3. Make the coating and icing
For the coating, combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Drop each roll into the mixture and turn to cover completely. Set aside.
For the icing, mix softened butter, cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until well combined. Place in a piping bag to drizzle over your rolls or in a separate dish to dip.