Ok, so you know that we tap into our friend JessicaInTheKitchen frequently and feature some of her recipes here! Well, since it’s the summer months, what better recipe to have than one for ice cream! Here’s a tasty looking recipe for chocolate avocado ice cream! Enjoy!
- 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk 380 g
- 4.5 oz avocado about 1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted 127 g
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- Vegan hot fudge for drizzling
- Vegan Sprinkles for sprinkling on top
- Add the avocado and coconut milk to a food processor/blender and pulse together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend in for about 2 minutes until smooth and incorporated, scraping down the bowl once.
Ice Cream Machine
- Place all ice cream base into a freezer-safe container in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set up before freezing. Freeze the ice cream according to the manufacturer’s instructions for your machine.
- Place all ice cream base into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer and allow to freeze for 1 hour.
- Whisk slightly every 20 minutes to avoid it getting too icy for 3-4 hours. It should be getting thicker after each whisking, until it’s firm enough to scoop.
- To eat: serve immediately or when you are ready for it (after it’s been in the freezer), thaw for 5-10 minutes and scoop with an ice cream scoop.
- You can optionally add hot fudge and sprinkles on top.
How to store: Store this ice cream in a freezer-safe container for up to 2 weeks.