For those of you who love cheesecake (like me), here’s a recipe that a friend shared with me! It shows you how to make a cheesecake completely from scratch!! Don’t eat it all at once, LOL! Enjoy!
Cheesecake from scratch Recipe
- 1 ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs (about 15 full crackers)
- ⅓ cup butter (melted)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 4 – 8oz (32 oz total) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup sour cream (room temperature)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- Set the oven to 350 degrees. Double wrap the bottom of the pan with foil, sealing it tightly to prevent water from getting in
- In a large bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, and salt together evenly. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan
- Bake the crust for approximately 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside
- In the stand mixer bowl, (with a paddle attachment) mix the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until it’s smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary
- Turn the mixer to low and add the sour cream and vanilla. Mix well, again scraping the sides as necessary.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time – mixing on low speed after each egg until it’s mixed. Do not overmix
- Pour the filling over the crust and spread evenly
- Set up the water bath and bake.
- Place the springform pan into a larger pan and pour very hot water into the pan until it’s about ¾ inches deep. Be careful not to have the water level higher than the foil.
- Bake for approximately 60-70 minutes or until the center is almost set. The center will jiggle but the edges will be set
You must log in to post a comment.