I stumbled upon this interesting and fantastic looking vegan recipe from The Healthy Apple! Whoever came up with adding chocolate to cornbread should be immortalized!! Enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp. tapioca flour
- 1 1/4 cups ground yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 6 Tbsp. Earth Balance Vegan Butter sticks, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- Egg substitute for 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup raw cacao nibs
- Pinch chili powder
- Pinch cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Prepare a 9 x 9 loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In large bowl, combine tapioca flour, cornmeal, brown rice flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Whisk well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine Earth Balance melted butter, almond milk, agave nectar and egg substitute; whisk well to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; mix well. Add raw cacao nibs, chili powder and cinnamon.
- Transfer mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy.
You can find the recipe from The Healthy Apple here
You must log in to post a comment.