Here is a yummy looking, vegan friendly dessert I came across on Instagram! I can’t wait to make this!!
Vegan Cinnamon Cake
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 5 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup milk (I used soy)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tbsp oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder/starch or cornstarch
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Make your flax eggs by mixing flax and water. Set aside and refrigerate for 10-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together your wet ingredients until smooth. Pour in dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into a lined or greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake cake for 35-40 minutes. Let cool completely, for about 30 minutes.
- Add coconut sugar to a high powered blender. Blend until powdered. Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Spread icing on cake. Let icing set on the cake for 10-20 minutes in the refrigerator.
The Instagram post can be found here – https://www.instagram.com/reel/CNvY1wXlqk-/?igshid=12rce1u268ro2