Who said healthy food couldn’t taste good?? I’m going to go out on a limb and say that kids will love these too!! Enjoy this muffin recipe I found on YouTube!!
- 15 slices white bread
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (extract)
- ½ cup (140g) Nutella Ferrero Chocolate Spread
- Fresh banana slices
- Orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 12-hole muffin tray with non-stick spray.
- On a large cutting board, slice the bread into 2cm squares and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, mashed banana, honey and vanilla essence until well combined.
- Add the bread cubes to the egg-custard and stir until all of the bread cubes are coated in the custard mixture. (Tip: Set aside for 5 minutes to ensure that the bread soaks up the egg-custard)
- Divide the French toast mixture into the prepared muffin tin holes and press down lightly to ensure that they bind together.
- Bake the French toast muffins for about 30-35 minutes or until cooked through and the tops are golden and slightly crispy. Allow the muffins to cool for about five minutes.
- Spoon the Nutella Ferrero Chocolate Spread into a piping bag and drizzle it over the French toast muffins.
- Top with fresh banana slices, serve with orange juice, and ENJOY!
You can find the YouTube video here https://youtu.be/uSWHwHzliJ4