I came across this recipe and simply had to share it!! Here’s a great waffle recipe from The Simple Veganista! Simple and easy, with only 5 ingredients! I can’t wait to make these!! Enjoy!
Vegan Waffle Recipe (from The Simple Veganista)
- 1 ½ cups (210 g) spelt flour (light whole wheat, all-purpose flour, or GF flour blend)
- 2 heaping tablespoons sugar (coconut, pure cane, or turbinado)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ cups (338 ml) unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or your favorite plant milk)
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or light flavored olive oil or applesauce (see notes)
- pinch of mineral salt, optional
- Preheat the waffle maker per the device instructions. Also preheat the oven to keep the waffles warm while making more
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, oil, and milk. Mix well until most of the lumps are gone
- Using a ½ measuring cup, scoop out the batter and pour into the center of the waffle plate. Close the waffle maker and cook per instructions of the device
- Serve the waffles with fresh fruit of your choice, maple syrup, or even a chocolate drizzle (vegan chocolate of course, lol)
- Leftover waffles can be refrigerated for about 7-10 days.They can also be frozen for about 1-2 months. Just put them in the toaster when you’re ready to eat them!
- If using applesauce, be sure to only use a waffle maker with a non-stick surface.
- These were made using spelt flour, but sub in your favorite. I’ve also used both all-purpose and whole wheat flours, both worked well. Make them gluten free by using a gluten free flour blend, oat flour or buckwheat flour in a 1-1 ratio.
Add-ins- Toss in a small handful of cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips, ¼ cup of peanut butter for every cup of flour, a handful of blueberries or other diced or small berries, or 1 – 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, or 1 teaspoon cinnamon.