Oh how I love recipes that use a minimal amount of dishes for preparation! And I love recipes that find ways to incorporate more vegetables too! Well… this recipe does both of those things!!! I also encourage you to experiment with this – swap out the seasonings for something else you like better, change the vegetables in this recipe, or even use all veggies and no sausage! The great thing I find about egg recipes is how versatile they can be! Play around with this and leave a comment on how your variation turns out!! Enjoy!
Sausage and Vegetable Egg Bake
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup (75g) diced onion
- 5 ounces (140g) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove moisture
- 2 chicken sausage links, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 4 ounces (112g) cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 (350ml) cups milk
- 3 cups (180g) bread, cubed (Italian loaf or a baguette work well)
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Optional: ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- If serving immediately, preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Alternatively, you may cover the prepared mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight for baking the next day.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Spoon into a greased 9 inch x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F (177°C) for 50-60 minutes, until desired degree of doneness is reached.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1/4 of 9″X 9″ pan piece