Got this recipe from my friend Eboni – she found it here https://plantstrong.com/plant-strong-recipes/recipes-tavern-mushrooms. The tavern mushrooms are not only tasty, but truly a great alternative for the fried & breaded bar food we all love!
- 1 – 8oz package of white mushrooms, washed and dried
- 2 cups Engine 2 Plant-Strong Pasta Sauce (or your favorite plant-strong pasta sauce)
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup flax meal (you may find this in the store with the label “ground flax”)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta sauce for dipping. Using the remaining cup, dip the mushrooms into sauce to coat. Then, roll the sauce-covered mushrooms into the dry mixture until completely covered.
- Place on a parchment paper or foil covered baking sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with remaining pasta sauce for dipping (or your favorite plant-strong dressing or sauce).
Servings: About 15-20 mushrooms